As a church, we are calling for a week of prayers to start the year. We will be praying and fasting through the day and meeting corporately to pray. See the outline below.
Monday 9th January
Prayers for us to be a Holy Church.
• Pray for the church to pursue the holiness of God. This could be demonstrated through our sincere worship of God, living a life of purity, glorifying Him in truth and holiness. Psalm 96:9; 1 Peter 1:16
• Pray for the church to hold firmly to the sacredness of God. The church to recognise and be committed to the things that are holy to God (our days of worship, offering, sexual purity, his people etc.) 1 Corinthians 6:15-20; 1 Peter 2:4-10
• Pray for the church to grow in becoming the true bride of Christ. Seek the Lord to remove any culture that promotes carnality within His church. Ephesians 5:25-27; Revelation 19:7-9
Tuesday 10th January
Prayers for us to be a Growing Church.
• Pray that every church member will develop a holistic relationship with Christ, and to grow a credible scriptural knowledge of faith in Christ. Ephesians 3:16-19
• Pray for us to cultivate a heart of repentance, a lifestyle of sanctification, and walking in authority as led by the Holy Spirit. Romans 8:12-14
• Pray for the church to become deeply committed in seeking God in prayer. Luke 18:1 Ephesians 6:18
Wednesday 11th January
Prayers for us to be a Serving Church.
• Prayers for the heart of the church to be turned into reaching out to the lost with the hope of eternal life. That we should not be afraid of death, shame or rejection. Revelation 12:11, Acts 4:13-22
• Pray for our mission partners (Lucky and Cathy in India, Pastor William and Miracle Primary School in Uganda) Pray that the Lord will sustain, protect and lead the work that they are doing in the power of the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 1:8-11
• Prayer for the church to practice the things that promote the love of God, unify the church, and also, being honest and trustworthy to one another. Colossians 3:12-14
Thursday 12th January
Prayers for Children Ministry.
• Prayer that our children will understand the scriptures and the benefits of knowing Christ. 2 Timothy 3:15
• Prayer that parents will have a strong desire to teach their children biblical truths to nurture their Christian faith. Proverbs 22:6; Psalms 78:4-7
• Pray for God’s protection over our children, thus delivering them from danger or evil schemes designed to lure them from the Lord. Matthew 19:14
Friday 13th January
Prayers for Young People’s Ministry (FUTURE).
• Praying for our young people and team to desire spiritual gift and to be filled with the Holy spirit.
• Pray for the homes of all young people, that God will be the pillar in their homes. Deuteronomy 11:18-21
• Pray that our youths will cherish Christ and live a life of purity unto God.
1 Corinthians 6:9-12
Saturday 14th January
Prayers for Ministry of the Holy Spirit. (Baptism of the spirit, Comfort of the spirit, boldness etc).
• Pray for the Lord to fill his people with the power of the Holy Spirit. Cry out to the Lord in sincerity for you to receive the promise of the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 5:18; John 7:37-39, 20:22)
• Pray that the Holy Spirit will put courage and boldness in us to become true witness of Christ (Micah 3:8; Acts 1:8, 4:8)
• Pray that the Holy Spirit will comfort those who are going through different circumstances because of their faith in Christ. John 14:16-18; Acts 9:31
Sunday 15th January
General church prayers. (Healing, spiritual breakthroughs, Marriage, children etc).
• Pray for those who are not well to be touched and heal in the power of Jesus Christ. Mention the names of those who are not well and ask the Lord to restore healing in them. Psalm 103:3-4; Isaiah 53:4-5
• Pray for individuals to experience spiritual breakthrough in areas of their lives that are not growing in Christ. Ask the Lord for his grace to overcome spiritual indifference and laziness. Romans 8:11; Revelation 2:4-6
• Pray for families to value the order of God in their homes and to stand firm in the institution of godly marriage. Colossians 3:18-21